Thursday, April 12, 2012

FUCKFACEBOOK UPDATE~

Nobody cares what have I been doing the whole morning, but I'm writing it down here anyway because it satisfies me to see a long, wordy post. :p

Reached Kuantan from Kedah at about 7am in the morning; after a 12-hour bus ride. 
YOU THINK THAT WAS EASY?! DO YOU?! Well, it was. I slept the whole way and woke up with irritated eyes because I slept with the lenses in... I IZ SMRT!

Anyway, the moment I reached my room, I went back to sleep after unpacking my things.
I did not notice, if there were, any shakes or tremblings WHILE I WAS SLEEPING. Because I was, indeed, sleeping, obviously. Uhh.. What's my point again?

So, I only came to know about the big earthquake in the west coast of Aceh when I woke up (again, with irritated eyes, because, again, I FUCKING FORGOT TO TAKE OFF MY LENSES!) and logged in to Facebook. The feed page was flooded with people expressing their fear and anxiety, and of HOW MUCH THEY WERE BEGGING GOD TO HAVE MERCY ON THEM AND THEIR LOVED ONES.
.
.
.

Seriously..?!

So, unless there is threat of tsunami, or maybe some other disasters, I don't see God's name being remarked THAT MUCH on the FACEBOOK FEED!


I mean, I get it. I'm not saying that I wasn't worried. 
I was.
A lot of family members of mine are in the west coast. Some of my friends just drove all the way to PD just this afternoon. I texted them first thing to make sure that they were okay.

I didn't Google for this image. Took it from the flood in my feed! :p


But, WHY FACEBOOK, GODDAMNIT?!

So, when something big, like, this one, happens, your initial reaction would be, 

"OH MY GOD!!
 TSUNAMI IS COMING AND I'M SCARED! 
I'M GOING TO LOG IN TO MY FACEBOOK RIGHT NOW AND TYPE MY PRAYERS AS MY STATUS UPDATE!!"


Really, people?


So, a few hours later (I don't know exactly how many hours, because no-one posted this data... :( I haz sad), the warning of potential tsunami threats that were issued to 28 countries including Malaysia was officially withdrawn.

 So it's back to partying!!!

No need to pray to God anymore!
No need to show your care and concern over Facebook anymore!
Well, that's kinda boring, isn't it..? Because that means now you have to wait for the next big thing to happen until you will have an idea on updating your Facebook status... Saddening.


Wait. Who am I to question genuineness, yeah?

Maybe nobody.

My point, after the long rant, is, out of 100% of the people who were expressing their worries and concerns OVER THEIR FACEBOOK STATUS UPDATE, I THINK (this is a made up stats, hence, the phrase "I THINK") only 20% were genuinely meaning it. The rest were just trend followers. You know, just to jump onto the bandwagon.


Why must the initial reaction be "I MUST POST THIS AS MY STATUS UPDATE ON FACEBOOK!!!"

Do you really care?

When the warning is issued, there you have it as an update.

If it actually happens, there you have it again on your wall.

When data like total life loss is out, you're one of those who announced it.

Then comes the time to collect donation. What do you do? Do you donate? No.
YOU FUCKING POST IT IN FUCKFACEBOOK!! YAY!!