Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Have Paid My PTPTN Loan!!!

I'M SO FREAKING PROUD OF MYSELF!! :D

I've paid a total of... RM 1



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

._.


But at least I'm better than you! 
I've paid RM 1, you've paid NONE!! 

PFFFFFTT~~!!

Nah, I'm not really in the situation where I can repay my loan yet. I'm mad broke (someone please donate?). I was just trying out the e-FES thingy.


I think FES stands for Financing Education Solution.


I'm extremely awed by the wonders of the internet and how it makes everything fast! (Just came out from Batang Berjuntai. Don't judge me!)



So, I've found out that here is basically how this should work.

1. You have to be a user of internet banking services. In my case, I'm using CIMBclicks.
For list of banks, click here.

2. You must have money in your bank!! No money, no need to dream about paying yet! Work super hard and make tonnes and tonnes of money, then pay! But I only had RM12 plus, so I tried on to see if I could do it. :p

3. Go to PTPTN homepage. ptptn.gov.my

4. On your right side, you'll see a clickable, e-FES. Click there. Or here.

5. As you can see there, you'll need your IC number, and your PIN number. It's all written there lah, why am I typing here again??

But in case you are stupid, let me explain.

To find your IC number, go find that blue card in your wallet. The card should have your ugly face on the right. Turn it around. At the back of the card, at the center, you will see a string of numbers. That's your IC number, and that will be the numbers needed for the No KP field.

Now, you have successfully fill that in, there's a new problem. HOW TO GET YOUR PIN NUMBER??

Easy.
You can either go back home, and dig into your old boxes of files, find your file where you've kept your loan agreement. Somewhere on the each of the pages, you will see numbers written in red. That's your loan number, cum PIN number.

OR

You can SMS : 

PTPTN NOPIN <yourICnumberhere>

to 33199.

Example : PTPTN NOPIN 880231023456

You'll get your PIN in less than a minute.

You'll be directed to the page where you'll see this:


 The parts where I've circled (circle meh?) with red is where you will work on. Tick on "Pinjaman 1". Next, Enter the amount that you wish to pay. In my case, when I was trying, I typed in 1. A service charge of RM0.50 will also be deducted from your bank account. So, in total, RM1.50 was deducted form my account. I know you are stupid, so you don't understand my advanced statement. Never mind lah, may God save you.

6. Aihh I'm too lazy to type long instructions now. Then you will be directed to your internet banking page, to confirm that you have made such a transaction. They will ask for your TAC number there. Again, follow the instruction and SMS to get the number.

Then you're DONE!!

Print the receipt!! Don't be stupid and just ignore it! You might need it later! The least is to save it to your computer.



If I'm not mistaken, when paying by e-FES, the maximum amount that you can pay in a day is RM1,000 but I'm not really sure about this. (C'mon, not like you WILL make this much of transaction if you're poor and broke little student like me.. Pfftt.. :p).



As you can see on the screencap up there, the total I have to pay is RM 49,500 , and I've paid RM1 ! :D




RM 49 499 MORE TO GO!!


Sigh...





PSA: Don't be an asshole. Give back what you've taken. Pay back your loan. Don't run away from it. It's nice to see the 4-digit amount of money at the ATM every time a new semester starts, isn't it? If you've agreed to pay back, then PAY BACK. Have some integrity. Have some dignity.