Thursday, December 30, 2010

REDHEAD.

I personally love red. But that's not the reason why I'm considering to take it to the extreme. Plus, I'm talking about normal red for hair, not like, chilli red. That's... I won't judge. :p

I've thought of blonde, but blonde won't compliment my skin. I'll just look like a retard with blonde hair.

I tried once last year. I bought 2 boxes of DIY hair colourant. It was Sassy brand. Both are in deep henna red. They were on sale, and it was a "buy one get one free" offer. Stock-clearance sale, maybe. Bought them at Mydin near Klang bus stop. Yeah, that smelly, over-crowded, damn-busy bus stop. God I hate that place. Always smells like armpit!

So I went home with the box, pondered long and hard, did time-testing, and finally coloured my hair.

IT WAS HORRIBLE!!!!


Lesson learnt.


1. NEVER, NEVER attempt to colour your hair by yourself, unless you're a mad pro, or you have a friend to do it for you, ESPECIALLY if the colour you chose is lighter than your original colour.

2. NEVER, NEVER ignore the gloves. My nails are red now. :'(

3. JUST DON'T. Just don't do it at home. Unless you don't mind having the colour trailing on your bathroom floor!! REALLY!! It's been a year, and I've scrubbed the floor like mad countless times, with countless products, but the stains are still there! Thank God my father didn't kill me for that! >_<

So, to my horror, I ended up with a patchy-coloured hair. Some parts remained dark brown, some parts are.. well, deep henna red. Just like this background here. I had to resort to combing my hair in some ways, to cover the imperfection. Wtf...

After waiting madly for two weeks, I bought another box of hair colour. This time in black. DEAD BLACK. I can't remember the brand I used, but I think it was Garnier. With the help of a friend, I coloured my hair, and after an hour, all of the stupid damages were restored. Phew.. -_-

But yeah.. I saw my silver linings and my rainbows a few weeks later. The black didn't really stay, and it stripped down slowly. So I was left with dark brown and red combo. Which was nice. And nice. And lovely. And nice. Ok I'll stop you got my point I loved the colour. :p





I'm a damn slow learner. I said that I had another free box, right? Again, I was tempted to colour my hair again. Let me remind you, this was after a year of all the horrifying accidents. All traces of hair colour have grown out of my hair.

So I did.



And I'm not going to elaborate. Let's just say history repeated itself, thanks to my goldfish-memory..
 -_-

And again, I coloured my hair in BLACK, to cover the ugly patches.

I went to the department store, and tinkered around a bit to choose which brand to buy, and the brand Sassy, again, caught my attention. It's slightly cheaper compared to others too. Plus, the packaging now is new, and more practical. It's like you can use as much as you need, and the leftover can be kept for future use (like to colour the root or something).

This time, I don't know what is different. Could be the new formula, could be my choice of brand, but when the some of the black pigments bled away from my hair, I got this gorgeous deep, deep red hair!! YAY ME!!

But...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


I WILL NOT GIVE UP ON BECOMING A REDHEAD!

I will try it again one day, and yes, this time I'll go to a pro, instead of being an idiot at home and stain the bathroom floor! :p

So.. this might make you wonder.. WHY THE HELL DIDN'T I GO TO A PRO TO BEGIN WITH???

It's because I'm a cheapskate. I believe I can do everything by myself. I just need to learn the abc of it from youtube videos. Yeah...

I'm sorry if you feel like you've wasted time reading this. Ain't mah fault! :p